The Central workshop was established on 15th August 1959 an instrumentation workshop, wherein fabrication and repairs of scientific instruments and apparatus for the use of post-graduate science departments of the University, are undertaken. As per the requirements of the research scholars designing is taken up before the fabrication. Instruments so fabricated are delivered to the departments concerned. If any modification is required, during the course of experiments it will be carried out by this workshop. In addition, repair works of instruments and apparatus are also undertaken. There are precision machinery and equipments.
This workshop has the following section:
In the above section persons are trained to undertake fabrication of precision and sophisticated instruments for the research work. In addition to fabrication work, repairs to instruments such as comparators, vacuum pumps varies types of glass apparatus are undertaken.
Apart from giving service to various science departments the workshop has extended its service to Engineering department, press, Garden, Library and Science departments of the Karnatak Science College, Dharwad. The workshop is also maintaining the Tower Clock and the Left of the main building and University vehicles.