The Department was established in 1972 and is offering specializations like counseling psychology, Health psychology, Psychopathology and organizational behavior. Students are exposed to practical and project work in addition to field and case studies. Department has counseling centre to cater the needs of students, staff and public in general.
Vision of the University
- The University strives towards excellence in teaching–learning with relevant curriculum and innovative research, promoting good governance and inclusiveness by providing leadership for a knowledge society.
Mission of the University
- To design and teach curriculum that is contemporary, competitive and content-rich to make students creative, knowledgeable and entrepreneurial.
- To encourage faculty to engage in relevant and globally competitive inter multi-disciplinary research, consultancy and extension work.
- To provide infrastructure resources to facilitate access, equity and harmony both for students and faculty.
- To create the best possible academic ambience for achieving advancement of students and faculty to be leaders in their endeavors.
- To make administration efficient, transparent and adaptable to e-governance.
Vision of the Department
- Our vision is to equip the pupil with knowledge, skills, and values consistent with the science and application of Psychology to prepare for future work towards a higher goal. Further making them ready to serve the society with actualized self for the enhancement of the societal well-being.
Mission of the Department
- Our mission is to lay strong foundation among the students for developing positive attitudes, values and skills required to be self sufficient, adaptable and professionally successful.
Click here for more details