Prof. H. B. Walikar M.A, Ph. D
Place of Birth:
Yaragal Tq: Muddebihal Bijapur Dist (18th March 1951)
Fields of Interest
Graph Theory, Combinatorial Designs, Algorithms
Teaching Positions Held
- Professor (K.U.D) 1997 onwards
- Chairman (Department of Computer Science, KUD) 2007-2010
- Reader (KUD) 1989–1997
- Lecturer (Govt. Science College, Bangalore) 1983–1989
- Lecturer (K.U. P.G. Centre, Belgaum) 1982–1983
- Lecturer (Karnatak College, Dharwad) 1979-1982
- Students guided for Ph. D : 16
- Students Co-guided for Ph. D : 01
- Number of Conferences/ Symposia : 34
- Students completed M. Phil : 05
- International : 26
- National : 23
- Administrator, Karnatak University Kittur Rani Channamma P.G. Center, Belgaum. (1998–2000)
- Nodal Officer, E-Governance, Karnatak University, Dharwad. (2008-2010)
- President, P. G. Gymkhana, Karnatak University, Dharwad.(2007-2008)
- Chairman, Department of Computer Science Karnatak University, Dharwad. (2007-2010)
- Vice-Chancellor, Karnatak University, Dharwad. (October, 25th 2010)
Membership of Professional and Academic bodies
- Member, Forum for Interdisciplinary Mathematics, New Delhi; Society for Industrial Mathematics, Pune;
- Member, Board of Studies in Mathematics, K.U. Dharwad; Shivaji University, Kolhapur; Kuvempu University, Shimoga and Bangalore University, Bangalore
- Member, Faculty of Science and Technology, K. U, Dharwad and Kuvempu University, Shimoga.
- Member, Board of Appointment, Solhapur University, Solhapur.
- Member, Academic Council P. C. Jabin Autonomous College, Hubli.
- Member, Governing Council Shri. Vivekananda Autonomous College, Madurai (Nominated by UGC).
- UGC nominee for the Planning and Monitoring Board, Sri. Chandrasekhara Saraswathi Viswa Mahavidyalaya, Enathur, Kanchipuram.
- UGC nominee for the Governing Council of Uttarakhand State Government Engineering College. Pauri
- Teresa W. Haynes, Stephen T. Hedetniemi, Peter J. Slater “Fundamentals of Domination in Graphs", Marcel Dekker, Inc New York, 1998.
- Teresa W. Haynes, Stephen T. Hedetniemi, Peter J. Slater “Domination in Graphs, Advance Topics", Marcel Dekker, Inc New York, 1998.
- G. Chartarnd and L. Lesnik "Graphs and Digraphs" CRC Press- 2002.
- Jonathan L. Gross, Jay Yellen “Hand Book of Graph Theory" CRC Press-207.
- G. Chartarnd, Ping Zhang - “Introduction to Graph Theory” . TATA McGraw- Hill Edition.
- S. Armugum " Invitation to Graph Theory" (The content of page 137, which runs as H. B. Walikar, B. D. Acharya and E. Sampathkumar are some Indian Mathematicians who have made substantial contribution to the following technical report published by then in 1979 have triggered a considerable amount of research in this area)
- H. B. Walikar, B. D. Acharya and E. Sampathkumar recent developments in the theory of domination in graphs. Technical report 14, MRI 1979.
- Renu Laskar, Dept. of Mathematics, Clemson University, Clemson, SC. U.S.A.
- E. Sampathkumar, UGC Professor Emertus Dept. of Mathematics Manasa Gangotry, Mysore.
- B.D. Acharya, Advisor, Govt. of India, Dept. of Science and Technology, New Delhi.
- S.B. Rao, (Former Director), Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
- Fred Buckley, Professor of Mathematics, Baruch College (CUNY), New York, U.S.A.
- I. Gutman, Faculty of Science, University of Kragujevac, Yugoslovia.
- Y. Hou, Dept. of Mathematics, University of Science and Technology, Hefei, Anhui 230026, China
- S. Arumugam, Dept. of Mathematics, Arulmigu Kalasalingam College of Eng. Anandnagar, Krishnankoil.
- S.T. Hedetniemi, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina.
- S.M. Hedetniemi, Clemson University, Clemson, Carolina.
- J.R.S. Blair, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina.